Friday, July 3, 2009

A new chapter of my life..

It is now a new chapter of my life. The first time i am writing this blog after i started working in hospital. So, guest i should describe briefly on what am i doing for the past 1 week, rite?
Working doesn't like studying. I am now in Hospital Teluk Intan Ortho department. I was posted into this posting together with Dr. Punitan, a new friend of mine from Ipoh. So, both of us kind of very fresh kids in these department.
Basically, when you work as a HO, you have lots of responsibilities. You have to really understand and take care of ur patient. No longer like last time.. clerk the patient then can just cabut after ward round presentation.
Taggers in this posting require eod tagging call. and my working hours is from 6.45am to 5.00pm. For example, if i on call on monday, then i will have to start working on 6.45am(mon) till 5.00pm(mon) as a routine. then will follow with on call tagging until the next day 6.45am(tues) and continue with tuesday work until 5.00pm(tues). then wed will repeat the cycle again and thursday only can go back home. Here, we were required to do at least 2 weeks of tagging which means 7 days on call.. So, we are really lacking of time for ourselves. My patients started to ask me.. Doctor, you never go back home ar...???
Becoming a HO do have lots of paper work. Then, we need to know how to communicate not only with our patients, but also to our boss and our colleagues. Of course, all of us do screwed up. But after 9 days of working, slowly I am adapting to it d.
Here, we also have lots of exam. And we must really try hard to pass those exam as failing the exam will cause some punishment to your service. Huh.. sounds quite stressful, rite? However, I do like what am I doing right now. At least, I am seeing patients and I am trying my best with my knowledge and SMILES to help them. Hopefully they do feel satisfied with it.
The journey had just started and it is a long long never-ending journey. But i do hope that this will be a happy ending journey... =)

3 comments:

pH yeoh said...

haha..isn't me clever asking u to choose teluk intan..not bad le :P

but glad to hear tat at least..u get some happiness there n not showing ur dark face to d patient..haha..patients sure will appreciate that..n of course u 2 will get d happiness from them..especially when they recover fr their sickness..so try to enjoy d time u spend 2gth v ur patient..sure can get more satifaction in ur job..

keep it on n take d exam as ur challenges..kambateh :)

eliz said...

oncall sounds so scary..sigh..dreading it...nice post tho

JaimieGY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.